What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a type of content marketing that uses emails and newsletters to engage with potential customers by promoting products or services. With the right type of email marketing, you can:
- Generate new leads or nurture existing ones.
- Connect with and encourage relationships with your existing customers.
- Use segmented email campaigns to personalize interactions.
- Encourage customers to complete abandoned purchases.
- Raise brand awareness.
Here are a few of most impressive email marketing statistics in 2022 we found:
- There are four billion global email users, and by 2025, this number can grow up to 4.6 billion.
- 306.4 billion is the approximate number of emails that were sent and delivered in 2020. This figure is estimated to reach 376.4 by 2025.
- Small business owners ranked email marketing as the second most important medium to build brand awareness after social media marketing.
- 47% of marketers stated that email is their most effective marketing channel, followed by social media marketing (39%), SEO (33%), and content marketing (33%).
- 49% of consumers reported that they’d like to receive weekly promotional emails from their favorite brands.
- 73% of millennials reported that they prefer to communicate via email for professional purposes.
- The average open rate for email newsletters across all industries is 21.33%.
- Friday is the best day to send emails, with the highest open (18.9%) and click-through rates (2.7%).
- Emails related to the Government and Non-profit sectors receive the highest open rates.
- Plain-text emails have higher performance, even though most respondents stated they preferred image-based HTML emails.
- 63% of people said that they open an email to find discounts
- 11.1% of all emails never reach the mailbox because of deliverability issues.
- Automated emails drive 320% more revenue compared to non-automated emails.
- The three major benefits of email automation for businesses are saving time (30%), lead generation (22%), and an increase in revenue (17%).
- Emails with personalized subject lines can increase open rates by 26%.
- Segmented email campaigns caused a 760% increase in revenue.
- 42.3.% of consumers delete emails that are not optimized for mobile.