What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy that helps your business be more visible in local search results on Google. Any business that has a physical location or serves a geographic area can benefit from local SEO.
Here are a few of most impressive local SEO statistics in 2022 we found:
- 46% of all searches on Google include local intent.
- 97% of users searched online to find a local business.
- Every month, searchers visit 1.5 billion locations related to their Google searches.
- A purchase follows 28 % of all local searches.
- 78% of local searches on mobile result in an offline purchase.
- 70% of consumers will visit a store because of information found online.
- 24.4% of all clicks go to the first result of local business searches.
- “Near me” mobile searches grew increased by 136% last year.
- Over 50% of all “near me” searches will result in an offline store visit.
- 62% of consumers will disregard a business if they can’t find them online.
- 88% of potential customers look for online reviews before choosing local services.
- 86% of customers use Google Maps to find local businesses.
- 30% of all Google mobile searches are related to location.
- 29% of people search for local businesses at least once a week.
- 56% of local businesses have not yet claimed their Google My Business listing.
- The average timeframe to see ROI positive results from Local SEO is 4.76 months.